Role: Application Developer (PHP/MySQL)
Business Area: Technology Team
Reporting to: Tuxedo IT
Job purpose: To help build upon our existing platform, to add new functionality, to enhance existing services, and to support the solution through application development of our PHP, MySQL, LAMP Stack technology base.
Location: London, Moorgate
- Develop new and enhance existing code and scripting based on business and project requirements using technologies including (but not limited to) PHP and MySQL.
- Develop new and enhance existing back-end core transaction processing capabilities for heavy-duty data management, financial transaction processing and system reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure that all developments and operations undertaken are compliant with all appropriate regulations including PCI Compliance, W3C standards, and all relevant and emerging standards.
- Design, create and maintain MySQL databases and component elements including tables, routines, stored procedures, views etc.
- Carry our peer code review
- Develop standardised, bespoke and customisable reporting delivered in a range of methods (online, self-service, data extracts, etc)
- Create and maintain system/development documentation.
- Review business / user requirements; translate requirements into functional and technical specification that can be used by yourself and other members of the team.
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain systems developed by the team.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years working experience within a similar professional capacity
- Ability to work alone as well as within a team
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as CodeIgniter
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies within a formalised structure; involvement in full development, prototyping, in-project (as opposed to pre-development) documentation creation etc
- Ability to work with non-technical members of the business at all levels
- Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical solutions
- Innovative, imaginative problem solving skills with focus on delivering results in a timely manner
- Experience within small and medium development teams
- Ability and willingness to approach solutions in a non-standard fashion. Whilst we embrace best practice, we also discard many established formalities and instead concentrate on bringing our cutting-edge, industry-leading technologies to market under our own methodologies and we are not afraid to innovate and think independently and creatively
NOTE: This job profile is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as reasonably negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.