Role: Compliance Officer
Business Area: Operations
Reporting to: Fraud and Compliance Manager
Job purpose: To assist Fraud and Compliance Manager in ensuring the Group operates in accordance with regulatory policy, card scheme rules and the firm’s own processes. Providing day to day support for both the UK and international programmes.
- Undertakes continuous monitoring in line with internal compliance plans and external requests and prepares audit style reports/recommendations for the Compliance Manager
- Reviews specific accounts and reconciles e-money creation for high risk (e.g. PEPs) and/or high values including risk reviewing for AML purposes and second line monitoring to support Finance
- Supports the Compliance Manager and the wider Group with developing/updating Policy, Process or Procedures including our international expansion plans
- Acts as a compliance liaison and also ensures that the Due Diligence (KYB) is obtained and follows the firm’s processes and that record keeping is maintained on all Corporates
- Proposes changes to client communications (e.g. terms and conditions, website material, etc) to maintain compliance and improve transparency for customers (TCF)
- Works with other areas and also external third parties to ensure that the due diligence checks on individuals (KYC) are in line with procedures
- Reports to the Compliance Manager with any perceived risks or issues
- Supports the positive customer-centric compliance culture within the Group
- Proven experience in Financial Services and ideally in a card or payment business
- An understanding of UK regulations, including Electronic Money, Conduct of Business, Payment Services, Data Protection and Anti-Money Laundering (including Joint Money Laundering Steering Group guidance)
- Experience with the card scheme rules would be beneficial, but not essential
- Very familiar with Conduct Risk and Know your Customer requirements
- Good understanding of basic legal principles and experience of reviewing and adapting contracts and terms and conditions
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Flexible approach to role and abilities to manage workloads under pressure
- A relevant AML operations background, which should include experience in a bank or financial services card issuer or card scheme. There must be clear evidence of a history of successfully managing card fraud and AML.
- Knowledge of card fraud & AML prevention systems, technology and controls
- Knowledge of card issuing operations
- Understanding of the principles behind effective data security controls and reporting
Skills and Qualifications
- Personally well organised to successfully manage workloads pertaining to AML prevention and compliance requirements of a fast moving business.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to work effectively with colleagues across the company and external partners.
- Analytical and numerate, able to work with figures to identify pertinent issues.
- Strong skills on Microsoft products used in day to day roles – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are utilised heavily, other tools such as Access and SQL Management Studio are also key to role.
- Strong organisational skills, balancing key regular tasks and longer term strategic and project based items.
- Be control focused, ensuring all required documentation pertaining to the role is accurate and up to date.
- Strong use of initiative to identify issues and efficiencies and offer potential solutions to resolve.
- Demonstrate a positivity to embracing change.
- Drive to follow though and ensure items are resolved, delivered or escalated as necessary.
- Problem solving and to demonstrate ability to identify potential solutions to issues.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the role
- Networking capability in building strong relationships both within Operations, the wider Tuxedo team and externally with law enforcement and other institutions
- Show flexibility in the role and ensure the key functions of the role are completed
- Demonstrate adaptability in a fast changing environment with new systems processes and responsibilities which may be required as the business moves forward
NOTE: This job profile is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as reasonably negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.